This month, we've seen LOADS of updates and great new content for several programs.
- First of all, for the first time in over a year, ParaGraph has been updated; the latest version is now 6.5.2, so you'll want to snag that, as there's a little bug fix in there. The issue was that variables in Calculator mode could mess up functions - for example, entering sin(4) and creating a variable called 's' would cause ParaGraph to think you were trying to multiply s*i*n*4, but since there were no values for 'i' or 'n', a value of 0 (or something incorrect) would return. To fix this, you're forced to create variables with capital letters to avoid confusion. A simple fix, but an important one at times.
- Audiotube has also been updated! You'll want this for sure, as the program now has support for an unlimited number of user-created playlists! To create or access playlists, right click any of the three red boxes at the bottom. Everything else is pretty straightforward. Additionally, you can pause your song by clicking the "Pause" button at the bottom. It's not recommended that you click the video screen to pause the song, because Audiotube will still go to the next song after the time has run out. Clicking the "Pause" button lets Audiotube know you want to pause the video. Note that this feature is only accessible when the video is visible; clicking the check box to hide the video will change the "Pause" button to "Stats", which displays the total number of songs and the run time of all your music. Finally, the last addition to Audiotube is that you no longer have to restart the program when adding more music.
- Visual Basic Gadgets would like to give a special thanks to users of the projects uploaded here for their insightful feedback about what features should be added for optimum experience.
- April also saw a regular addition to the collection of music and math generator files for Audiotube and Surge. For Audiotube, the music artists Babyface, Coldplay, and Maroon 5 have been added to the collection. To add them, click the "Add..." button at the bottom of Audiotube's window. For Surge, the Law of Cosines, Polar Coordinates, Linear Systems of Two Equations, Linear Systems of Three Equations, Solving Systems with Matrices, Matrix Operations, Matrix Determinants, and The Parabola (one of four conic sections) have all been added under the Precalculus section. These can be found by clicking the "+" button in Surge and going to the Precalculus tab.
- At the moment, all new project development has been halted in an effort to continue releasing content for Surge and Audiotube. There's a whole lot more math and music out there, and we'd like to make sure there's something for everyone, so if you don't like the selection currently available, help us improve it by making a few suggestions!